Don’t let your Happy Easter turn into a doggy disaster – chocolate can poison your pet!
With Easter approaching fast and all those tempting choccy eggs around, it’s worth remembering that human chocolate is dangerous if eaten by your dog.
It can result in an emergency dash to the vet and sadly, even death.
- Keep Easter eggs and other chocolate hidden from sight and unavailable to your dog.
- Never feed your dog chocolate intended for humans.
- If your egg is missing and you suspect the dog is the culprit, contact your vet straight away.
- Look out for any of the following symptoms; vomiting containing blood, a sore tummy, excessive thirst, excitability, drooling, rapid heart rate; and in severe cases, epileptic-type fits.
- If your dog is displaying any of these signs then take him immediately to your vet.
- There is no antidote for chocolate poisoning with treatment being symptomatic. Therefore the sooner treatment is implemented, the greater the chance of recovery.
So, if you want to treat your dog this Easter, stick to doggy snacks that are kinder to your canine.
There will be numerous trade stands at this year’s Just Dogs Live on July 7/8/9 where visitors can buy natural and healthy food for their dogs.